Sign in to follow this  
mely

Is there anybody who uses VIRL

Hi All,

Anybody uses VIRL ?

Is it good product to study SP topics ?

Cheers

it's more complex comparing with unetlab.

but if you plan to use ine workbooks, it can be easier to work with virl

within UNL is it easy to create a topology ?

Thnx

personally found it easier in VIRL. It's closer to packet tracer or GNS3 for ease of making a network topology. UNL is a little clunky because it's all HTML based, so you have to basically add one object at a time. UNL become easier because likely someone on here has done the hard work for you and built the network.

I use Virl and its good..The only issue is that you need to have a lot of RAM on your PC..I'm currenly using a 32gb pc and I can run 20 nodes at a time.

I use Virl and its good..The only issue is that you need to have a lot of RAM on your PC..I'm currenly using a 32gb pc and I can run 20 nodes at a time.

Tell us how to run 20 ASR1K on 32Gigs of RAM, please. Is it possible?

Tell us how to run 20 ASR1K on 32Gigs of RAM, please. Is it possible?

You can run 10 on 16GB of RAM, but it's sluggish. Some of the older CSR versions don't require the same resources that the newest versions need. There is also a way to share swap files to help reduce resources among similiar VMs.

You can run 10 on 16GB of RAM, but it's sluggish. Some of the older CSR versions don't require the same resources that the newest versions need. There is also a way to share swap files to help reduce resources among similiar VMs.

So let's say the truth: it is impossible

personally found it easier in VIRL. It's closer to packet tracer or GNS3 for ease of making a network topology. UNL is a little clunky because it's all HTML based, so you have to basically add one object at a time. UNL become easier because likely someone on here has done the hard work for you and built the network.

Wait for the new release :)

1.0.0 was a couple of weeks ago, the same shit as earlier, but a little bit different

yeah we are configuring routers on both tool

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.
/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png" src="//certcollection.org/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png">)