Unified Communications Collection Version 11.5.x

Cisco WebEx Meetings Server 4.0 Collection

Change Log
new builds added:

cisco-webex-meetings-server-4.0.1.3245.D.iso
cwms-tools-and-clients-4.0.1.3245.zip

and more...

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

Cisco Expressway Collection

Change Log
new builds added:

+s42700x12_6_0.ova
+s42700x12_6_0.tar.gz
+s42700x12_6_0_v6.5.ova

and more...

Hidden Content

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

Hi root0,

I have been googling with no luck for the method to bypass licensing in CUCM 11.5, is there actually a method out there or am i wasting my time ? 🙂 is there is and you feel like nudging me in the right direction that would be fantastic.

Thanks 

On 6/6/2020 at 11:33 PM, manx said:

Hi root0,

I have been googling with no luck for the method to bypass licensing in CUCM 11.5, is there actually a method out there or am i wasting my time ? 🙂 is there is and you feel like nudging me in the right direction that would be fantastic.

Thanks 

Hidden Content

[7Core] : no need of using the hide tag, as you don't hide download links

Edited by 7Core
no need of using the hide tag, as you don't hide download links
  • Like 36
  • Thanks 6

On 6/19/2020 at 7:37 PM, mimimako said:

Hidden Content

Hi, Bro, tell me how to unlock WebEx Meetings Server.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

On 6/19/2020 at 1:37 PM, mimimako said:

Hidden Content

It doesn't seem to work:

- passwd remuser reports that there's no user called remuser, checking /etc/passwd doesn't find it either
- dbaccess $(dblutil -c) - returns an error

- I tried to enable the root following another guide (

)  but it does not seem to be enabled (at least i can't login via SSH)

Any clue?

UPDATE1: It was the wrong partition, I was able to proceed by mounting the SDA2, and correcting some commands:

- usermod -a -G 0,10 remuser

- Once you have done that, and the user is ready (remember to set the password with passwd), you reboot the system into normal mode (let CUCM load) and login in SSH as the remuser, you get the bash shell

- The <Service> part, you have to delete it (for that particular service only), including that line itself and the final </service> of that block, so you essentially remove the block definition

Now, the problem seems that after switching to the informix user and executing the query, the slminfo and slmstatus tables do not exist.

I am playing with the tables I see that seems relevant:

licenseserver licenseinfo licensedistributi+ licensingresource+ and their relative typelicense[thing] for now, let's see if I can pull out anything.

ps: to show the tables, use the command "info tables;" or the dbaccess command submenus to search through them

Edited by sharingmaster
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

On 10/19/2020 at 11:31 PM, sharingmaster said:

It doesn't seem to work:

- passwd remuser reports that there's no user called remuser, checking /etc/passwd doesn't find it either

Any clue?

UPDATE1: It was the wrong partition, I was able to proceed by mounting the SDA2, and correcting some commands:

- Once you have done that, and the user is ready (remember to set the password with passwd), you reboot the system into normal mode (let CUCM load) and login in SSH as the remuser, you get the bash shell

- The <Service> part, you have to delete it (for that particular service only), including that line itself and the final </service> of that block, so you essentially remove the block definition

Now, the problem seems that after switching to the informix user and executing the query, the slminfo and slmstatus tables do not exist.

licenseserver licenseinfo licensedistributi+ licensingresource+ and their relative typelicense[thing] for now, let's see if I can pull out anything.

ps: to show the tables, use the command "info tables;" or the dbaccess command submenus to search through them

I cannot use CentOS 7 Rescue Mode. Display horizontal lines, endless loop.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, basongcuo said:

I cannot use CentOS 7 Rescue Mode. Display horizontal lines, endless loop.

Randomly pinging people will not get you a solution, open a request thread instead

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 10/19/2020 at 4:31 PM, sharingmaster said:

It doesn't seem to work:

Any clue?

I take it you got the licence hack to work and really need someone help.

I am trying to follow the guide to extend the licence in my lab but not having much luck. I know very little linux but still trying as it never hurts to pick up new skills.
The problem is, the guide has been written very badly written in terms of what is shown and what needs to be typed also the instructions are just clumped together and no line brakes/new paragraphs for the following instructions .  Before anyone jumps on my back for being ungrateful, I'm far from it. I would like help to get this working and in return I will gladly rewrite the guide in a step by step format which is easy to follow instead of a clump of text without structure.

Can someone point me in the right direction with:
1). There are spaces everywhere when there shouldn't be spaces throughout the whole guide. So it's nearly impossible for me to know where there really should be a space. For example;  (mkdir / mnt / part1) whats with all the spaces? Its took me over a hour as i'm new to linux to figure out to remove some of the spaces.

2).  The part where we have to edit /etc/sudoers. There are a few lines with remuser ALL =. Do I delete all the lines with that starting string and just leave one line with "remuser ALL = (ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL", or do I amend all the entries with "remuser ALL = (ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL" /...etc?  Because the guide is full of spaces which shouldn't be there, should the line read;  remuser ALL = (ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL or remuser ALL = (ALL) NOPASSWD:ALL.  <-- with no space after NOPASSWD:? 

3). in the guide the next instruction after amending  /etc/sudoers, there is a 12. Is this a typo or am I suppose to do something with this number?

4). The guide says "in each file we delete a piece from" <Service DisplayGroupName = "Platform Services" Name = "Cisco Smart License Manager" ProductID = "CallManager" Restrict = "PrimaryNode, DoNotStop" SequenceNumber = "22333" ServiceEnum = "494">
I DON'T SEE THIS LINE IN THE FILE. What am I missing as there isn't the word "Smart" when searching in the file? Also again the guide has spaces  where the file doesn't.

5) The guide says "remove SLM registration from DRF so that backups are created normally"  Then there is a line "/ usr / local / platform / bin / drfDeRegisterComponent -f UCM -c SLM". Again so many spaces, but is this the command to input of the location of the file. If just the location what is the command to remove the SLM.  

It could be correct but I'm trying to think ahead instead of going back and forth with quesgions.

This is as far as I have got after a few hours, I will try and continue to workout what needs to be done, but if someone can help and speedup the process I will be truly grateful and rewrite the guide.
Just reading more of the guide there a section in the guide "go to the base" what dies this mean? I haven't got here yet but not clear on what it means. 

Dose it mean go to the bottom of the file and add the following text or amend. Also are the spacing correct? 

su - informix
dbaccess $ (dblutil -c) -
make requests
update slminfo set tkcssmregstatus = 1;
update slminfo set tkcssmauthstatus = 1;
update slminfo set smartaccountname = 'cisco';
update slminfo set virtualaccountname = 'cisco';
update slminfo set isregistrationfailed = 'f';
update slminfo set isauthorizationfailed = 'f';
update slminfo set exportcontrolledallow = 't';
update slmstatus set tkcssmenforcemode = 5;

Once again, Thanks in advance

Edited by tech3k
Add another questions

10 hours ago, tech3k said:

I take it you got the licence hack to work and really need someone help.

I am trying to follow the guide to extend the licence in my lab but not having much luck. I know very little linux but still trying as it never hurts to pick up new skills.
The problem is, the guide has been written very badly written in terms of what is shown and what needs to be typed also the instructions are just clumped together and no line brakes/new paragraphs for the following instructions .  Before anyone jumps on my back for being ungrateful, I'm far from it. I would like help to get this working and in return I will gladly rewrite the guide in a step by step format which is easy to follow instead of a clump of text without structure.

Can someone point me in the right direction with:
1). There are spaces everywhere when there shouldn't be spaces throughout the whole guide. So it's nearly impossible for me to know where there really should be a space. For example;  (mkdir / mnt / part1) whats with all the spaces? Its took me over a hour as i'm new to linux to figure out to remove some of the spaces.

2).  The part where we have to edit /etc/sudoers. There are a few lines with remuser ALL =. Do I delete all the lines with that starting string and just leave one line with "remuser ALL = (ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL", or do I amend all the entries with "remuser ALL = (ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL" /...etc?  Because the guide is full of spaces which shouldn't be there, should the line read;  remuser ALL = (ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL or remuser ALL = (ALL) NOPASSWD:ALL.  <-- with no space after NOPASSWD:? 

3). in the guide the next instruction after amending  /etc/sudoers, there is a 12. Is this a typo or am I suppose to do something with this number?

4). The guide says "in each file we delete a piece from" <Service DisplayGroupName = "Platform Services" Name = "Cisco Smart License Manager" ProductID = "CallManager" Restrict = "PrimaryNode, DoNotStop" SequenceNumber = "22333" ServiceEnum = "494">
I DON'T SEE THIS LINE IN THE FILE. What am I missing as there isn't the word "Smart" when searching in the file? Also again the guide has spaces  where the file doesn't.

5) The guide says "remove SLM registration from DRF so that backups are created normally"  Then there is a line "/ usr / local / platform / bin / drfDeRegisterComponent -f UCM -c SLM". Again so many spaces, but is this the command to input of the location of the file. If just the location what is the command to remove the SLM.  

It could be correct but I'm trying to think ahead instead of going back and forth with quesgions.

This is as far as I have got after a few hours, I will try and continue to workout what needs to be done, but if someone can help and speedup the process I will be truly grateful and rewrite the guide.
Just reading more of the guide there a section in the guide "go to the base" what dies this mean? I haven't got here yet but not clear on what it means. 

Dose it mean go to the bottom of the file and add the following text or amend. Also are the spacing correct? 

su - informix
dbaccess $ (dblutil -c) -
make requests
update slminfo set tkcssmregstatus = 1;
update slminfo set tkcssmauthstatus = 1;
update slminfo set smartaccountname = 'cisco';
update slminfo set virtualaccountname = 'cisco';
update slminfo set isregistrationfailed = 'f';
update slminfo set isauthorizationfailed = 'f';
update slminfo set exportcontrolledallow = 't';
update slmstatus set tkcssmenforcemode = 5;

Once again, Thanks in advance

You are in the wrong partition, the passive one, mount the active partition and you'll find those