cciein2012

Checkpoint - EVE - Smart console is not connecting to Smart manager.

Hi All,

I am trying to make checkpoint work with EVE...

Everything worked well up to the point where I received this error

“The program can’t start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer.” error on Windows

To resolve this issue, I downloaded Microsoft visuals C++ redistributable 2010 for 32 bits version. This solved the problem and I moved on.

Everything worked well till the point when I wanted to connect to smart management center from my windows machine. (Smart console, Smart management center and smart gateway all are on different machines. I was using smart dashboard to connect to smart center and got this error

"Connection cannot be initiated. Make sure that the Server '<Security Management IP address>' is up and running."

I checked gui client was configured correctly, connectivity between server and PC is without any issues, firewall is turned off on windows machine. I did cpstop and cptart as well but issue is not resolved...

I am looking for some help on this... is it a known issue? If yes, what's the resolution.

Any help will be appreciated.

thanks

Edited by cciein2012

Hi, Did you try to download at

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.
?

Ah old friend... Good to get in touch...

How will this file help... because I already downloaded ms visual C++ when i got this dll file error?

Do you think it can resolve the second issue as well?

Were you able to correctly install Smart Dashboard?

Which version of GAiA are you running?

In some version there is problem. If you download it from web-ui & install it, it doesn't work. There is a link on checkpoint's website.

I saw you fixed the issues about dll file. Can you reboot your Smart Dashboard client and Management Server then login back.

Yeah... I rebooted all... no luck

Were you able to correctly install Smart Dashboard?

Which version of GAiA are you running?

In some version there is problem. If you download it from web-ui & install it, it doesn't work. There is a link on checkpoint's website.

Will that help if I share the image?

I need it so I asked. Someone gave me expired one with standalone installation. I can try it right now if you want me to?

There is issue with some version which I don't remember right now, I had to download SmartConsole from checkpoint's website.

Can you at least tell the GAiA release that you are running

I need it so I asked. Someone gave me expired one with standalone installation. I can try it right now if you want me to?

There is issue with some version which I don't remember right now, I had to download SmartConsole from checkpoint's website.

Can you at least tell the GAiA release that you are running

its a big file 5.2 GB... how should I share this with you?

GAiA version is 77.30

Edited by cciein2012

you don't have link?

You can HTTPS, PING the Smart Center?

Try uninstalling the SmartConsole completely. Install again using your exe file. Are you still getting the errors. Post screenshot of the error that you get while installing

(that C++ issue you have already resolved, but just to be sure if there is something left)

you don't have link?

You can HTTPS, PING the Smart Center?

Try uninstalling the SmartConsole completely. Install again using your exe file. Are you still getting the errors. Post screenshot of the error that you get while installing

(that C++ issue you have already resolved, but just to be sure if there is something left)

I am uploading the file... will share the link in 5 minutes...

Yes I can https and ping the smart center.

I did uninstall and reinstall a few time already... no luck

Yeah... I rebooted all... no luck

It's weired. Try to reinstall and install SmartConsole on a different VM/Desktop to check.

Do both: DHCP and Static IP and put default gateway on your client

Edited by anphamhoang6789

Don't download SmartConsole exe file from WebUI, that has bug for R77.30 release.

You need this

Check_Point_SmartConsole_and_SmartDomain_Manager_R77.30_T204_Windows.exe

Hidden Content

If that is not issue then see this. But check Smart Console installed with that above link first

Hidden Content

Edited by UmarKhalidJNU