zafejsbuk

TS2, Ticket 8, MPLS VPN

Hello,

Did anyone manage to solve MPLS ticket? Trace should go from Server 1 (10.1.201.X) to 10.5.100.254 via MPLS cloud. In case of MPLS failure, traceroute should go through DMVPN.

I do understand that there are faults on R1/R5 (ospf and mpls configuration) + R3 (vrf configuration) but i see here on forum that the solution to the loop problem is to erase distanceospf external 19 in ospf routing process or to put the value higher than 200 (iBGP AD).

I do not understand what matter does it have since the OSPF in DMVPN is in area 0 and not in some other area - route from DC to 10.5.100.254 is not IA since we have all networks in single ospf area 0.

Please be so kind and comment.

You should always know two ways to fix/solve a problem, so another solution is...

On SW100 change the prefix list that is used to redistribute BGP into OSPF from a permit to a deny.

SW100#sh run | sec route-map

redistribute bgp 65001 subnets route-map R5

no ip prefix-list R5 seq 5 permit 100.50.0.0/24 le 32

ip prefix-list R5 seq 5 deny 100.50.0.0/24 le 32

You should always know two ways to fix/solve a problem, so another solution is...

On SW100 change the prefix list that is used to redistribute BGP into OSPF from a permit to a deny.

SW100#sh run | sec route-map

redistribute bgp 65001 subnets route-map R5

no ip prefix-list R5 seq 5 permit 100.50.0.0/24 le 32

ip prefix-list R5 seq 5 deny 100.50.0.0/24 le 32

But if U filter route from redistribution U will loose alternative route. . Better to adjust -for ospf use lower than bgp ext if routes receive from ebgp so ospf ext are preferable.

Hello,

Did anyone manage to solve MPLS ticket? Trace should go from Server 1 (10.1.201.X) to 10.5.100.254 via MPLS cloud. In case of MPLS failure, traceroute should go through DMVPN.

I do understand that there are faults on R1/R5 (ospf and mpls configuration) + R3 (vrf configuration) but i see here on forum that the solution to the loop problem is to erase distanceospf external 19 in ospf routing process or to put the value higher than 200 (iBGP AD).

I do not understand what matter does it have since the OSPF in DMVPN is in area 0 and not in some other area - route from DC to 10.5.100.254 is not IA since we have all networks in single ospf area 0.

Please be so kind and comment.

Can you share the topology for this one?