VMware vSphere 6.7 Collection

VMware Site Recovery Manager Collection

Change Log
new builds added:

+VMware-srm-8.3.0-15928802.exe
+VMware-srm-va-8.3.0.4135-15928802.iso

and more...

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 12

On 9/2/2019 at 1:01 AM, ShaRose said:

So, a while ago I gave some instructions to crack HyTrust KeyControl. They've since updated it so it now runs linux with 5.0, so someone asked if I could update my instructions a bit.

Turns out they made it easier! So here's how you do it.

First, you'll need to shut down the VM. Next, you'll need to get root shell on some kind of live CD. Here are instructions on how to do so for the Hytrust 5.0 installer, but any linux distro with chroot, LVM support, and XFS support will work (Which is to say, all of them).

Boot the iso.

Follow the normal procedure to install Hytrust (I.E. push enter once and let it go) until it has a big warning saying KeyControl is already configured on this VM.

Now, instead of selecting something, press alt+F2. You'll get a normal linux login prompt: Log in as root, it won't ask for a password.

Now, regardless of what linux distro you are using, the following commands are the same.

Hidden Content

run the following:

Hidden Content

Now you'll be in a python shell. Edit the first three values as needed (Or the others, if you want! Have fun with it.) and fire it all in the shell.

Hidden Content

Ok, congrats! You've now cracked it till 2050. This is a bonus step: Revert the passwords.

mv -n /etc/shadow_backup /etc/shadow

and log out using 'exit'.

All done!

EDIT: If anyone is having issues with KMIP not working, log in as root again and run the commands again. I had used 2050 as my expiration date, but apparently they saw that and instead of, you know, fixing the problem, they just enforced a max length limit somewhere. It's changed to 2030, which SEEMS to work everywhere.

Now, instead of selecting something, press alt+F2. You'll get a normal linux login prompt: Log in as root, it won't ask for a password. >> here it asks for a password. i am using HyTrust-KeyControl-5.0 and tried both ova and iso with no luck

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@ShaRose

Have you ever thought about hacking the licensing for EMC UnityVSA? They have a community edition with a 4TB limit, but it would be nice if you could get a higher limit and the rest of the features enabled.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks