offside

VCAP 6.5 Design - 3V0-624. Q 33-39

QUESTION 33

The ability to live-migrate all virtual machines between two clusters is a requirement in the customer's design. Which two clusters and EVC configurations will accomplish this? (Choose two)

A.

Cluster 1

ESXi 6.0

Intel Skylake CPUs

EVC Enabled: AMD OpteronTM";Steamrolle"; Generation Cluster 2

ESXi 6.5

AMD Steamroller CPUs

EVC Enabled: AMD OpteronTM "Steamrolle"; Generation

B.

Cluster 1

ESXi 5.6

Intel Broadwell CPUs

EVC Disabled

Cluster 2

ESXi 6.5

Intel Broadwell CPUs

EVC Disabled

C.

Cluster 1

ESXi 5.5

AMD Piledriver CPUs

EVC Enabled: AMD OpteronTM";Piledrive"; Generation Cluster 2

ESXi 6.5

AMD Steamroller CPUs

EVC Enabled: AMD OpteronTM "Piledrive"; Generation

D.

Cluster 1

ESXi 6.5

Intel Broadwell CPUs

EVC Enabled: Intel?"Broadwe"t; Generation

Cluster 2

ESXi 6.5

Intel Sandy Bridge CPUs

EVC Enabled: Intel "Sandy Brid"t; Generation

Answer: BC

QUESTION 34

A customer has requested a high availability option for its data center in the event of power failure and the loss of connectivity to a virtual machine.

Which three vSphere features support fault tolerance? (Choose three.)

A. HA

B. Virtual volume datastore

C. vMotion

D. Storage-based policy management

E. DRS

F. Virtual machine snapshots

Answer : ACE

QUESTION 35

A company has requested a new vSphere 6.5 design that will allow it to finally break the 80% virtualization barrier by virtualizing its resource-intensive application.

- The application is highly available by design and includes

application-aware clustering software capable of operating as a fully

distributed system.

- The company's Application Version 2.0 consists of 386 small

applications and middleware with non-persistent storage and 24 database

virtual machines at each data center.

- When coupled with a proper load balancing solution, this application

can continue operating even with the loss of an entire data center, but

the small applications and middleware tiers within a data center must

exist within the same broadcast domain.

- The database tier is tightly controlled with a firewall policy that

only allows middleware tier access, and is replicated to other sites

using a dedicated circuit.

Which two application requirements apply to this scenario? (Choose two.)

A. The application will require the configuration of an IGMP stub and helper.

B. Shared storage is required by the application clustering software.

C. The application will require one large subnet.

D. The application will require a method of balancing and recovering sessions between sites.

QUESTION 36

A company is implementing a new cluster to support its end user desktop workloads.

- The workload is required to support 200 virtual machines.

- Each end-user desktop is configured with two vCPUs, 8GB of RAM, and

40GB of thick- provisioned disk space.

- The architect has expressed concerns that virtual machine swap files

will till the 8.5TB datastore available to the cluster.

Which two strategies would address the architect's concern? (Choose two.)

A. Configure an additional datastore for snapshot storage

B. Configure an additional datastore for vswap file storage

C. Configure each virtual machine with a 4GB memory reservation.

D. Configure each virtual machine with a 8GB memory reservation.

Answer : D

QUESTION 37

A solution architect has been tasked with designing a new environment that meets the needs of a growing company, and has obtained this information:

- The current capacity will be exhausted in 180 days, and the new infrastructure must be deployed and in production prior to that.

- The new servers have a 90-day delivery time.

- A data center for disaster recovery has been selected, and it is 20

miles away and connected by MPLS.

- The security team will continue to utilize its current investments

and VM Encryption for the new environment.

- The backup team currently uses Data Domain, and reports show an 8:1

compression and deduplication ratio for backups.

Based on the information obtained, which two statements are risks for the new design? (Choose two.)

A. MPLS will be used to connect the two data centers.

B. The Change Advisory Board will approve all changes.

C. Current back up space will not be sufficient if using VM Encryption.

D. The current firewalls will support the additional workloads.

QUESTION 38

A solutions architect has made the following design decisions:

- Leverage existing hardware that is certified on earlier versions of

vSphere but is NOT on HCL for ESXi 6.5.

- Upgrade vCenter Server to version 6.5.

- Configure separate clusters based on ESXi versions 5.5, 6.0, and 6.5

for newly purchased, certified hardware.

- The underlying CPU family is compatible.

- There is enough resources available to vMotion virtual machines (VMs)

Given this scenario, what is the correct statement about the ability to vMotion virtual machines between versions of ESXi?

A. VMs created in vSphere 5.x must be upgraded first to newer virtual hardware and then be vMotioned to vSphere 6.x.

B. VMs created in vSphere 6.x environment with default settings can be moved to ESXi 5.x.

C. VMs can be vMotioned to the same or newer version of ESXi.

D. VMs that are created after the vCenter Server 6.5 upgrade can be vMotioned between any supported versions of ESXi.

Answer : C

QUESTION 39

A developer is tasked with building an application to process shipping requests. The developer is consulting the vSphere team to determine failover options and performance best practices.

- The development team is providing three physical ESXi hosts with 8

CPU cores and 256G8 of RAM per host.

- The developer does NOT know how many virtual machines they will

require.

Which virtual machine (VM) sizing strategy will provide the highest level of uptime, individual VM performance, and failover capacity?

A. A few large 8 vCPU VMs per host protected by vSphere HA.

B. Many small 1 vCPU VMs participating in an OS level clustered application protected by vSphere HA.

C. A few large 8 vCPU VMs per host protected by vSphere Fault Tolerance.

D. Many small l vCPU VMs participating in an OS level clustered application protected by vSphere Fault Tolerance.

Answer : A

Sorry offside but I have been busy

Let's go

I agree with all your answers. In fact it has been discussed previously so we are aligned.

QUESTION 35

A. The application will require the configuration of an IGMP stub and helper. --> THERE'S NO SUCH THING ! WRONG ANSWER. There is an IGMP Querier for L2 multicast and a DR (Designated Router) for L3 Multicast, Multicast sources and multicast clients joining to the multicast groups in anysource multicast or SSM (Source Specific Multicast)

B. Shared storage is required by the application clustering software. --> Valid just by eliminating the others

C. The application will require one large subnet. --> Of course it is not enough with an IPv4 Class C but I should never said 400 IPs is a large subnet. But we have to choose two and by eliminating the others this one is more valid than the others

D. The application will require a method of balancing and recovering sessions between sites --> The applications does not participate in balancing and recovering. This is achieved by the load balancers (NSX, F5, NetScaler, Kemp, A10 etc) Of course the applications can be aware of the balancing and the cluster can support the sharing of information of all the active sessions and which node is servicing but they do not participate in the different methods of balancing and recovering.

QUESTION 37

A. MPLS will be used to connect the two data centers. --> MPLS is never a risk. It a great technology and you can implement not only L3 MPLS VPNs but also L2 MPLS and VPLS apart from applying QoS and TE (Traffic Engineering) So it is a good tech to interconect DCs. Of course it is better Dark Fiber or DWDM but MPLS is great. So I discard this. But who knows. This questions are made by people who are not networking guys and they even know what is MPLS and all their flavors so for them they could be a risk LOL !!!

B. The Change Advisory Board will approve all changes. --> CORRECT just by elimination

C. Current back up space will not be sufficient if using VM Encryption. --> secured VM’s will hurt storage cost if you rely on array based compression and or deduplication. SO THIS IS CORRECT !

D. The current firewalls will support the additional workloads. --> The problem does not mention a FW but the new NG-FW can operate close to line rate with specialized ASICs in the forwarding plane and they support huge amounts of rules (even involving IDS/IPS rules, analyzing signatures etc) and they can even end up SSL tunnels with their specialized hw. So I should never said FWs are a bottleneck today. But who knows. Does the guys who made this question know what is a Firewall ???

Edited by popyjos

35, I am going AC by elimination.

B - is wrong, the application doesnt need shared storage.. failover/availibity is handled by the application. "The company's Application Version 2.0 consists of 386 small

applications and middleware with non-persistent storage and 24 database

virtual machines at each data center."

C is wrong - the application doesnt need 1 large subnet, it just needs 1 subnet for the small machines per site "When coupled with a proper load balancing solution, this application can continue operating even with the loss of an entire data center, but the small applications and middleware tiers within a data center must exist within the same broadcast domain. "

• Like 1

37, not sure.. I got A/C because change advisory board approving changes is a clear requirement, not a risk imo. We havent been told the change board take 2 months to approve or are prone to not approving changes. MPLS, may be great but as you have said it's not a dedicated fibre link..

Hi all

35- A is wrong. There is no IGMP stub concept.

@needmorstuff: I can understand you do not have multicast knowledge because it is a complex subject. But please don't confuse people. Answer A is completely wrong, no chance no elimination possible A is not a valid answer !

36- I can admit MPLS as a risk because I see all with the prism of a network person. But of course MPLS can work even better than dedicated fibre links. Again you have to know MPLS and all its surronding technologies to judge I understand these questions are made by people who does not have networking backgound so I accept MPLS as a risk LOL !

Edited by popyjos

I feel like there is consensus on the below question

QUESTION 37

A solution architect has been tasked with designing a new environment that meets the needs of a growing company, and has obtained this information:

- The current capacity will be exhausted in 180 days, and the new infrastructure must be deployed and in production prior to that.

- The new servers have a 90-day delivery time.

- A data center for disaster recovery has been selected, and it is 20

miles away and connected by MPLS.

- The security team will continue to utilize its current investments

and VM Encryption for the new environment.

- The backup team currently uses Data Domain, and reports show an 8:1

compression and deduplication ratio for backups.

Based on the information obtained, which two statements are risks for the new design? (Choose two.)

A. MPLS will be used to connect the two data centers.

B. The Change Advisory Board will approve all changes.

C. Current back up space will not be sufficient if using VM Encryption.

D. The current firewalls will support the additional workloads.

​Are we all agreeing that the answer is A and C or are we agreeing with B and C? to me B is an assumption that could also be a risk. What if the board does not approve all changes? does that not introduce a risk to the design?

Edited by offside

With this question C is a clear answer. Some controversy with A and B but in the exam I'll go with B and C. I come (and still in the) from the networking side of IT. MPLS is never ever a risk. As a CCIE I should betray my knowledge and experience saying anything against MPLS. CCIE R&S and SP (lab exam) heavily reside in MPLS. MPLS is not a risk is a secure, high bandwidth, higly redundant, based on TE (Traffic Engineering) technology.

Sounds good to me popyjos. I agree and thank you for claryfiyng

For Question 37 : Can't we go with C and D : Why I am choosing D because if new design is coming up.. the security rules might need to changed as per the new traffic : So in this condition it can give threat to delivery !

@rockingdude: Where in this answer "The current firewalls will support the additional workloads" do you extrapolate about FW rules. Where in the answer talks about if it is a perimeter FW or a NG-FW or an application FW or a distributed FW or a Network Introspection Appliance or ...

You have to have a lot of imagination and be so daring and audacious to choose an answer based on Firewalls in a vSphere exam. But of course is your choice !

For Question 37 : Can't we go with C and D : Why I am choosing D because if new design is coming up.. the security rules might need to changed as per the new traffic : So in this condition it can give threat to delivery !

@rockingdude: Where in this answer "The current firewalls will support the additional workloads" do you extrapolate about FW rules. Where in the answer talks about if it is a perimeter FW or a NG-FW or an application FW or a distributed FW or a Network Introspection Appliance or ...

You have to have a lot of imagination and be so daring and audacious to choose an answer based on Firewalls in a vSphere exam. But of course is your choice !

Just like popyjos said.

And also, it fall into assumption category.