MrR0b0t

Cisco ASA-9.1.5 (Clustering and Security Contexts Enabled)

OH Yes, you read that right. This is not a drill!

ALL CREDITS and THANK YOU so much to the PERSON who shared this image with me. Person who unfortunately had to pay a ridiculous amount to get this image from someone who could just share it with everyone but decided to starting selling it. Anyhoo, we have it now.

Initially i tried testing this with GNS3 but for some reason i could not make network adapters work as the appliance was failing to load network drivers so then i decided to test with EVE-NG and it worked fine with network drivers loading up just fine.

Then i had an epiphany and noticed that EVE-NG was using some specific QEMU/KVM parameters already defined in its template and also a different network adapter type than the default one in GNS3 QEMU VM. Made the changes in GNS3 QEMU VM and voila!

I documented a simple install guide for both GNS3 (Traditional method and GNS appliance import method) and also EVE-NG which is pretty straight forward. I created custom GNS3 appliance file to be imported that already includes all the required options, more info in How_To guide.

I also tested a simple GNS3 lab with clustering feature working. GNS3 imported project that you can use for testing.

ASA Image:

How_To_Guide:

GNS3 Appliance file (.gns3a):

GNS3 Exported Project-ASA Clustering Example:

NOTE: There might be some typo in the guide or something that i missed as i just couldnt wait to get it ready and share it with everyone so post below with any question.

You truly represent the community spirit that brings us together on certcollection. Bundles of thanks!

Edited by takla
  • Like 1

First, great thanks for your generosity ... you are the man!!!!!!!

Nabz or anyone,

Can the entire IE Security Lab be set up virtual, or real equipment is still needed.

Rgrds,

Is this permanent license for cluster, because it say 364 days ?

If it says 364 days then it cannot be permanent, can it be? But answer to your concern, you can just delete the node and add it back again. That will give you 364 days back again.

BUT do not forget to save config file and then just copy paste it onto new node.

• Like 1

Thank you guys!

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.
/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png">)

• Like 22
  • Thanks 12

i have just uploaded it on EVE , but i doesn't stop rebooting , please what to do ???

thank you so much for the share @nabz19

i have just uploaded it on EVE , but i doesn't stop rebooting , please what to do ???

thank you so much for the share @nabz19

fix it , thanks done

OH Yes, you read that right. This is not a drill!

ALL CREDITS and THANK YOU so much to the PERSON who shared this image with me. Person who unfortunately had to pay a ridiculous amount to get this image from someone who could just share it with everyone but decided to starting selling it. Anyhoo, we have it now.

Initially i tried testing this with GNS3 but for some reason i could not make network adapters work as the appliance was failing to load network drivers so then i decided to test with EVE-NG and it worked fine with network drivers loading up just fine.

Then i had an epiphany and noticed that EVE-NG was using some specific QEMU/KVM parameters already defined in its template and also a different network adapter type than the default one in GNS3 QEMU VM. Made the changes in GNS3 QEMU VM and voila!

I documented a simple install guide for both GNS3 (Traditional method and GNS appliance import method) and also EVE-NG which is pretty straight forward. I created custom GNS3 appliance file to be imported that already includes all the required options, more info in How_To guide.

I also tested a simple GNS3 lab with clustering feature working. GNS3 imported project that you can use for testing.

ASA Image:

How_To_Guide:

GNS3 Appliance file (.gns3a):

GNS3 Exported Project-ASA Clustering Example:

Ton of Thanks...

NOTE: There might be some typo in the guide or something that i missed as i just couldnt wait to get it ready and share it with everyone so post below with any question.

Thank you for your present

Hidden Content

/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png">

let me ask you question why this error is happened? I can't enable clustering. Please advice me

Hidden Content

/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png">.

Licensed features for this platform:

Maximum Physical Interfaces : Unlimited perpetual

Maximum VLANs : 100 perpetual

Inside Hosts : Unlimited perpetual

Failover : Active/Active perpetual

Encryption-DES : Enabled perpetual

Encryption-3DES-AES : Enabled perpetual

Security Contexts : 20 364 days

GTP/GPRS : Enabled perpetual

AnyConnect Premium Peers : 10000 perpetual

AnyConnect Essentials : 10000 perpetual

Other VPN Peers : 5000 perpetual

Total VPN Peers : 0 perpetual

Shared License : Enabled perpetual

AnyConnect for Mobile : Enabled perpetual

AnyConnect for Cisco VPN Phone : Enabled perpetual

Advanced Endpoint Assessment : Enabled perpetual

UC Phone Proxy Sessions : 5000 perpetual

Total UC Proxy Sessions : 10000 perpetual

Botnet Traffic Filter : Enabled perpetual

Intercompany Media Engine : Disabled perpetual

Cluster : Enabled 364 days

This platform has an ASA 5520 VPN Plus license.

Serial Number: JMX1203L0NN

Running Permanent Activation Key: 0x9830fa76 0x000ebbe0 0x71803838 0xfe349484 0x053ee380

Running Timebased Activation Key: 0x303c55d2 0xc916c453 0x29bb1233 0xfadf8dfb 0x8d1ed78a

Configuration register is 0x0

Configuration last modified by enable_15 at 04:51:38.269 UTC Tue May 29 2018

ASA3(config)# cluster group testgroup

(timer stop) Uninitialized timer 0xd49803b8. Traceback: 0x080634c1 0x08067b21 0x08241d78 0x08225de5 0x08211ee7 0x08c89be4 0x08c8b521 0x080f47ab 0x080f613c 0x080f6fe0 0x0806a25c

ERROR: Failed to create cluster testgroup

ASA3(config)#

Edited by maxias
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 8

I am getting the below error. I am using gns3 2.1.6

Bad request http://172.16.168.128:3080/v2/compute/projects {

"message": "Invalid JSON: Additional properties are not allowed ('variables' was unexpected) in schema: {\"type\": \"object\", \"description\": \"Request validation to create a new Project instance\", \"$schema\": \"

Hidden Content

\"properties\": {\"project_id\": {\"description\": \"Project UUID\", \"pattern\": \"^[a-fA-F0-9]{8}-[a-fA-F0-9]{4}-[a-fA-F0-9]{4}-[a-fA-F0-9]{4}-[a-fA-F0-9]{12}$\", \"minLength\": 36, \"maxLength\": 36, \"type\": [\"string\", \"null\"]}, \"show_interface_labels\": {\"description\": \"Show interface labels on the drawing area\", \"type\": \"boolean\"}, \"zoom\": {\"description\": \"Zoom of the drawing area\", \"type\": \"integer\"}, \"scene_width\": {\"description\": \"Width of the drawing area\", \"type\": \"integer\"}, \"name\": {\"description\": \"Project name\", \"minLength\": 1, \"type\": [\"string\", \"null\"]}, \"scene_height\": {\"description\": \"Height of the drawing area\", \"type\": \"integer\"}, \"snap_to_grid\": {\"description\": \"Snap to grid on the drawing area\", \"type\": \"boolean\"}, \"path\": {\"description\": \"Project directory\", \"minLength\": 1, \"type\": [\"string\", \"null\"]}, \"auto_close\": {\"description\": \"Project auto close\", \"type\": \"boolean\"}, \"grid_size\": {\"description\": \"Grid size for the drawing area\", \"type\": \"integer\"}, \"show_grid\": {\"description\": \"Show the grid on the drawing area\", \"type\": \"boolean\"}, \"show_layers\": {\"description\": \"Show layers on the drawing area\", \"type\": \"boolean\"}}, \"additionalProperties\": false, \"required\": [\"name\"]}",

"method": "POST",

"path": "/v2/compute/projects",

"request": {

"name": "ASA_Clustering_Example",

"project_id": "cb8f50be-0132-4ab5-9b72-3135cfbde1ba",

"variables": null

},

"status": 400

}

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5