xmanarmenia

2018 Compiled IOL/IOU images

forget about it..

Nothing works. Tried to ping over vlan1 between switches. No arp is generated. I think that the switch image is good for nothing.

Guys, I've tested the May 2018 L2 IOU image on Ubuntu 16.04 with GNS3 2.1.11, so far ARP, CDP, ping over vlan1 between switches, STP root bridge election works as expected, no excess collisions. I don't know what issues you're facing.

Standard L2 IOU template with 378 MB RAM and 256 KB NVRAM.

Guys, I've tested the May 2018 L2 IOU image on Ubuntu 16.04 with GNS3 2.1.11, so far ARP, CDP, ping over vlan1 between switches, STP root bridge election works as expected, no excess collisions. I don't know what issues you're facing.

This will be fixed in the next GNS3 release, ETA unknown. Bug is already reported here :

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

I take that back, after reloading one of the switches I'm facing the same issues. Will wait for the next GNS3 update.

Does anyone know how we can fix this new switch image in Eve-ng community? Got reply from Eve-Ng that it works on their pro version. Is there nay solution for us who run free community editon.

Does anyone know how we can fix this new switch image in Eve-ng community? Got reply from Eve-Ng that it works on their pro version. Is there nay solution for us who run free community editon.

The only solution for now is:

logging discriminator EXCESS severity drops 6 msg-body drops EXCESSCOLL

logging buffered 50000

logging console discriminator EXCESS

Waiting for a better solution, but for now this one works fine.

Have fun!

Updated link? Link no longer works... MOST PPL if your images aren't working fix the permissions in the linux box and they will work fine...