When new versions come out like this, do the older versions usually stop getting as many updates? I'm wondering if there's going to be any new TS/Diag/Config scenarios in v.5 than what's out now.

Introducing the new CCIE Security certification

New exams go live on February 24, 2020

I guess it's a good time to pass the exam as they are working on a new version then they will not update the existing.

Introducing the new CCIE Security certification

New exams go live on February 24, 2020

I guess it's a good time to pass the exam as they are working on a new version then they will not update the existing.

agree good time to pass exam now as once new version will hit then at least it will take 6-8 months to get new lab and updates. but definitely now finding a seat will be hard. that is what happens when a version expires

Hi Rahul, Im planned to take written exam at end of july and will schuled exam for feb before new exam... do u think I will better to wait v6 or I can start studing for v5 ?...

Hi Rahul, Im planned to take written exam at end of july and will schuled exam for feb before new exam... do u think I will better to wait v6 or I can start studing for v5 ?...

Woo brother do not wait for new v6!

After you got ccie sec, nobody ask you "which version of your ccie secuirty did you get "!

Grab this stable lab chance and take magic number as fast as you can!

Good job brother keep going!

Hye as you are alredy preparing for it take a chance and must attempt. Incase if you will not be able to make it try in v6.

This is a normal panic phenomenon which occurs whenever version change occurs which, after few months dies down as things start to get stable.

Even if you pass v5, you will have upgrade to whatever is added v6 (i am not aware what new things are added). Those who passed v3, v4 had to learn about ISE, WSA, ESA to stay relevant in the industry.

In that case why panic? Why not embrace the new version and stay positive about learning new cutting edge technology?

I doubt that its going to be any drastic change in terms of technology but i like the new exam format, its more interactive:

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

most importantly, lot more topologies to work with. Reading through each module description, it sounds like no more shitty arbitrary questions like in v5. Now the questions will be more descriptive and detailed scenarios which sounds fun!

Speaking of technology:

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

ISE 2.2?!?! WTF!

Same old shit in new wrapper?

I doubt it will change students approach toward taking Lab exams as dumps will be made available, spoto will survive!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 9

Same old shit in new wrapper?

I doubt it will change students approach toward taking Lab exams as dumps will be made available, spoto will survive!

Thats true but who cares about them atleast personally i will have some interesting new things to work with.

Edited by MrR0b0t
  • Like 1

This is a normal panic phenomenon which occurs whenever version change occurs which, after few months dies down as things start to get stable.

Even if you pass v5, you will have upgrade to whatever is added v6 (i am not aware what new things are added). Those who passed v3, v4 had to learn about ISE, WSA, ESA to stay relevant in the industry.

In that case why panic? Why not embrace the new version and stay positive about learning new cutting edge technology?

So true

I had a argument on one of known forum many years back for this same topic.