LocknLoad

CCDE Written 352-001 Feedback

So a while back I wrote the CCDE written. Actually studied for weeks and went through the CCDE1234 and CCDE99 documents that have been shared previously.

Got maybe 50-60 questions from that pool. Some I'm certain had been reworded in both question and answers context.

There were a good 30+ questions that I had not seen before. As per normal some were easy enough to decipher with some knowledge while others where there

to ensure you trip up. I landed up missing the 860 by a few points. I plan on writing again before the end of the year.

There must be sufficient people writing and passing for the pass mark to remain at 860. Hopefully those have have written it pass or fail will contribute to this thread.

I have awful recall but took a notepad with me to write down anything I could recall right after leaving the test centre. I have written the exam in previous versions and noticed an increase in scenarios type questions. You really cannot spend too much time on any questions and need to move at a decent speed.

Below are topics of the questions I can recall. No chance of me recalling the exact wording.

- Containers - Actually has several questions on this. Business stuff along with technical ie compared to VM

- Fabric Path - Pretty much know everything you can. Had 5+ questions regarding it

- Trill - Had a few on this. The questions were often around if you doing something would Trill or Fabric Path be better

- SAN fabric types and uses

- MPLS TE Tunnels - Need to really understanding how they interact with IGP and LDP

- ITIL - one new question

- Coding - Got some questions around Github, Ansible, YAML, Python

- LFA and RLFA - plenty of both in the exam

- MPLS TE in ring topologies

- NETCONF - got a few of those.

- There was a odd question on IOS-XR around management

- Lots of L2 VPN stuff - EVPN, VPWS, L2TPv3, VPLS

- BGP with RHI

- IPv6 - Really know the low level details around the various FHS - RA, SG, SEND, etc

- IPv6 and multicast. Both INTRA-as and INTER-as

- vPC with MST and PVST+

I don't think the exam is overly difficult but there are several questions in the exam that you just need to memorise the answers as they hold no real value in reality doing your daily job. Stuff you either research or look up based on what you working on.

Hoping others can come forward with their experiences and share what they came across.

• Like 2

Rather sad that on one is coming forward with anything to add to the discussion.

I have been going over some of the previous questions and would like some input as to gauge my understanding/interpretation of the question.

=========================

Which of these must you consider when developing the routing and NAT design?

a. Local to global NAT translation is done before policy based routing

Old question but answer although wrong yet none of the answers appear to be valid.

=========================

Which type of MPLS TE tunnel must be considered for this demonstration to address the link failure and node failure within the lab network?

a. Next-hop tunnel

My understanding is Next-Next Hop tunnel for node protection.

==========================

How is QoS information transmitted across the AtoM pseudowire?

a. QoS information is carried in a control word that is attached to the MPLS frame

Not sure about this one. Need to revisit my AToM and QOS notes.

Why is it recommended that VLANs are confined on a single access switch rather than span across multiple access switches?

a. To allow for fault isolation.

Pretty sure that is wrong as well. Check out VLAN Usage here

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

===========================

Drag and Drop the definitions of the left with the corresponding RIB or FIB function on the right.

a. RIB = It contains only the best calculated paths, It can hold recursive next hop information.

b. FIB = It’s a control plane function, It’s used to make destination prefix-based switching decisions.

Based on material I have read I feel FIB is a data plane function.

You are asked to design the network to converge within 60 ms after a link failure. Native IPv4 forwarding is used and the forwarding plane may not be altered.

Which technology can be enabled while conforming to the design requirement?

a. Cisco MPLS TE/FRR

If it is native v4 forwarding and you cannot change it, then how is label forwarding the correct answer?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

@

LocknLoad

can you share CCDE1234 and CCDE99 documents i am preparing to give CCDE Written probably in 2 weeks

• Like 1

I am planning to give CCDE-written soon within three week, Just would like to know whether LAB dates are available or not.

I am planning to give CCDE-written soon within three week, Just would like to know whether LAB dates are available or not.

There is no lab in CCDE. The next 352-011 exam (CCDE Practical) is in March, and the exam is not changing like CCIE exams are, so if you really want to take it, go and pass the written to qualify.

There is no lab in CCDE. The next 352-011 exam (CCDE Practical) is in March, and the exam is not changing like CCIE exams are, so if you really want to take it, go and pass the written to qualify.

Technically correct that the CCDE Practical is not a 'Lab' exam, but Cisco treats both more or less the same. Same booking system, same price, similar rules, etc. Just different names.

You are right that it is not changing as with the CCIE next year.

Edited by iserlohn

Technically correct that the CCDE Practical is not a 'Lab' exam, but Cisco treats both more or less the same. Same booking system, same price, similar rules, etc. Just different names.

You are right that it is not changing as with the CCIE next year.

The only correction above is about the exam booking. For CCDE you don't book through Cisco's own website but rather through VUE.

I got a list of study materials from Cisco. It helps a lot!

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

I failed the written several months before missing few points of 860.

Aimed for new schedule on Feb 2020

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6