sowjanya19

Notsosecure - Advanced Infrastructure Hacking BlackHat USA 2019--required password

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, klashnikov said:

No bro each pdf has a unique password

Yeah.  I hashed the name 1_Networking_OSINT_Databases.pdf and no hash algorithm came up with c394c92c8483df769681883cb24942c1.  Where did you guys get the passwords you have and why don't you have the rest?  Is this guy trolling?  I don't know why he would put a unique password on everything.  Just share 1 password and then leave.  Using a hash as a password like that without it being on data you have access to is also odd.

Edited by cagg

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, cagg said:

Yeah.  I hashed the name 1_Networking_OSINT_Databases.pdf and no hash algorithm came up with c394c92c8483df769681883cb24942c1.  Where did you guys get the passwords you have and why don't you have the rest?  Is this guy trolling?  I don't know why he would put a unique password on everything.  Just share 1 password and then leave.  Using a hash as a password like that without it being on data you have access to is also odd.

the password c394c92c8483df769681883cb24942c1 you will find it in ExercisesDay01-02.pdf

Edited by klashnikov

1 hour ago, klashnikov said:

the password c394c92c8483df769681883cb24942c1 you will find it in ExercisesDay01-02.pdf

I know.  I thought c394c92c8483df769681883cb24942c1  might be a password from the MD5 of a file that is in the zip.  I hashed all files in the zip with all popular hash algorithms and didn't find that hash.  I also hashed just the file names with MD5 and didn't find that hash.  So I don't think you guys will get the other passwords. 😞

1 hour ago, klashnikov said:

Oh that file.  Ok thanks.

hey guys, I've exhausted all options that I can think of. I've hashes those file names also, looked up name combinations, rainbow tables, etc. The password is too complex. Reading online reviews about the course, it seems that the instructors during the class, would release the hashes to students after they would do the exercises and probably before moving on to the next exercise. Our only option right now, is to find someone that took the course in 2018 and 2019, and get those hashes from them. If you know anyone that took the course, ask them nicely to give you those hashes, otherwise wait until someone takes the course in 2020, gets the updated material and makes the course available.

Just to be honest, it seems that the OSCP PWK 2020 course is packed with the same info (or better teaching you Linux and Active Directory and many other tools) that the network security course has and it's a lot more affordable compared to ~$4,500 for the notsosecure course. In my opinion, after taking a quick look at the information, it's great info, but just reference information. Not worth the small fortune the instructors are asking. Let's be smart about this. It's an overhyped course. I would sign up for the OSCP and pentesteracademy and get lab time also.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2