orochi

CCIE Collaboration V3 Preparation

Hi, 

Just to check anyone has started the CCIE Collaboration V3 preparation already? How is your lab setup? Topology etc.

I've brought a HP Proliant DL360P server with Intel Xeon 2x 3.0GHz E5-2690v2 (w/o hyper-threading), 192GB RAM, 2x 900GB storage.

For the UC software, i've downloaded the complete suite from CISCO website. 

I'm using the V2 as the based topology as the hardware and software are close, perhaps some adjustment when the real V3 topology reveal. 

Thanks

• Like 1

hello

is a good server a do a same i buld my topologie based the v2, the diference is no longuer phisical device c8845 , i buld 3 windows 10 whit jabber 12.5 i simulate hq site sb and site c device

So how do you perform the practice? did you managed to download any workbook for V2 for the practicing?

How do you prepare for PSTN-like tasks in v3? I was told that there are not any physical phones in the v3 lab anymore. 

hi

there is no more physical phones , to simulat the call 3 test pc windows 10 HQ site and SITE B and C jabber 12.5.1 installer on it , and olso 1 pstn pc and external pc , all this pc is windows 10

you will jump on it to make your test calls.

Edited by yhaddi

1 hour ago, yhaddi said:

hi

there is no more physical phones , to simulat the call 3 test pc windows 10 HQ site and SITE B and C jabber 12.5.1 installer on it , and olso 1 pstn pc and external pc , all this pc is windows 10

you will jump on it to make your test calls.

what do you mean by PSTN PC? would you mind providing me with some details?

the pstn pc is simulate the ITSP phone if you remember for the preview exam 1 pstn phone playing as a external phone whit 4 number

Which PSTN software are you using? How can I find it? Is it free or some commercial software? I'm a novice in the Collaboration world so I might ask some silly questions though 😋

@YHADDI,

I want to build collaboration lab (based on the pic you posted )at home.  Please advise on the following:

what are the requirements in terms of hardware to build the virtual Collaboration lab for CCIE and so that it will support all of the building blocks (components of the CCIE lab) eg: CUCM, UCCX, vCUBE, Expressway , routers, switches, firewalls, DMZ, Cisco IP phones , jabber

Which emulator platform do u recommend or use (EVE-NG, or VIRL or GNS3)?

How much will it cost in dollars?

you help is greatly appreciated.

hi cisconerd22

all the lab is buld in esxi 6.5 , all vms runing a dell server R720 128gb 2xcpu 2650 and more than 2Tb Hdd

my vms runing from a demo you need :

1 ucm cluster 1 pub and 1 sun for hq site , 1 ucm sub for site B

1 imp hq site and 1 imp for site b

1 cuc for hq

etc ..

you can find on ebay a good server not too expansive , example i find a UCS 220 M3 for 350 € in and memoy for 50 € , you will coste you time to find a good deal .

i hop i answer  your question , good Luke

14 hours ago, freemotion said:

Which PSTN software are you using? How can I find it? Is it free or some commercial software? I'm a novice in the Collaboration world so I might ask some silly questions though 😋

hi

the psnt like that

1 cube runing c2810 and 1 cucm 11.5 , the cube act as a ITSP provider , the calls come to cube then routed to the HQ SME or the UCM Pstn

or you can run a Vcube CME 12.5 , you can use a demo from cisco.com or use demo limited 128k speed , if you need help to setup Pm me

good luke

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, yhaddi said:

hi cisconerd22

all the lab is buld in esxi 6.5 , all vms runing a dell server R720 128gb 2xcpu 2650 and more than 2Tb Hdd

my vms runing from a demo you need :

1 ucm cluster 1 pub and 1 sun for hq site , 1 ucm sub for site B

1 imp hq site and 1 imp for site b

1 cuc for hq

etc ..

you can find on ebay a good server not too expansive , example i find a UCS 220 M3 for 350 € in and memoy for 50 € , you will coste you time to find a good deal .

i hop i answer  your question , good Luke

Thank you Sir,  I appreciate you taking the time out to help me with your knowledge.  Many of the terminologies are still new to me as I am a fresher in COLLAB.  I am studying courses from IPExpert VOD at the  moment and starting from CCNA VOD and build up from them.  Good luck to you.

Edited by cisconerd22
will keep you in mind if need help and if its ok with you
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, cisconerd22 said:

Thank you Sir,  I appreciate you taking the time out to help me with your knowledge.  Many of the terminologies are still new to me as I am a fresher in COLLAB.  I am studying courses from IPExpert VOD at the  moment and starting from CCNA VOD and build up from them.  Good luck to you.

hi IPexpert is a good lecture you can find some ine cours is more advenced can help you to come more confortable , dont forguet the key is practise more and more .

good luck