mpjassal

INE VXLAN lab on EVE-NG

Hey guys

I wonder if some can help !!
Its been few days since Im struggling with setting up my lab with Nexus 7k and 9k IOS.

I've download and tried various nexus ios and no luck yet.

I've found the below guide for the 9k but after following this guide 3-4 finally Im able to boot the ios but it goes to the below and non of the recommended command works here.

bash-4.2#

anyways m this is humble request, if anyone can share the proper IOS or the OVA with router and switch setup already.

Please help.

• Like 3

On 4/10/2020 at 12:11 AM, mpjassal said:

Hey guys

I wonder if some can help !!
Its been few days since Im struggling with setting up my lab with Nexus 7k and 9k IOS.

I've download and tried various nexus ios and no luck yet.

I've found the below guide for the 9k but after following this guide 3-4 finally Im able to boot the ios but it goes to the below and non of the recommended command works here.

bash-4.2#

anyways m this is humble request, if anyone can share the proper IOS or the OVA with router and switch setup already.

Please help.

Trying to build up a vXLAN BGP EVPN.

will let you know once done

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Hi - For EVE 9K images, my experience has been....

1. you have boot them first time and they have to have 8G RAM

2. once they come up all the way, you have to type this command

- boot nxos bootflash:///nxos.9.3.1.bin

- copy runn save.

3. if for any reason you get bash-4.3# prompt you can do 2 thiings

a. either wipe the device in EVE, right click the device and click wipe. And  restart follow step 1&2 or

b. you can remove them altogether from the topology and add them as a fresh nodes and start all over again.

4. I have configured VXLAN on EVE Nexus 9K image and its working just fine.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Bargoob1
  • Like 1

@Bargoob1 thanks for sharing your experience...i am also trying to setup a lab with N9k for vxlan.... would you be able to share your topology or lab guide that you used for vxlan?

@shankar1987 I am going through Cisco VXLAN BGP EVPN book. Just trying to understand the concepts and underlying technology. Its interesting that it uses everything we already know and yet wraps it in a new wrapping paper and present it back to us as new emerging technology in Data Centers.

There is another good book with lot of topologies and scenarios built in. Virtual Extensible LAN = VXLAN by Toni Pasanen. you should try to get a eBook its really cheap online.

Hope this helps and let me know if you come across any training material or labs.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

On 4/13/2020 at 10:38 AM, Bargoob1 said:

Hi - For EVE 9K images, my experience has been....

1. you have boot them first time and they have to have 8G RAM

2. once they come up all the way, you have to type this command

- boot nxos bootflash:///nxos.9.3.1.bin

- copy runn save.

3. if for any reason you get bash-4.3# prompt you can do 2 thiings

a. either wipe the device in EVE, right click the device and click wipe. And  restart follow step 1&2 or

b. you can remove them altogether from the topology and add them as a fresh nodes and start all over again.

4. I have configured VXLAN on EVE Nexus 9K image and its working just fine.

Hope this helps.

Meaning to say that it will run 8G RAM for each 9K?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, leerz said:

Meaning to say that it will run 8G RAM for each 9K?

I don't think that correct.

I ended up buying HP DL360 Gen8 (got it very cheap on kijiji), thought my desktop doesn't  have enough resources.

So right now I have 16 core server with 128gig RAM and I did try with assigning 8gig and 16 gig memory and it still doesn't boot up. It shows its coming up for 5 seconds and then the icon goes back to grey,

so my assumption is its not the memory if you're experience the same issue, you might have config issue somewhere.

BTW, I download the SPOTO full eve lab  and tried as well and facing the same issue.

Edited by mpjassal

No need for INE.  This Terry Vinson's lecture videos should do the trick.  Have at it, everyone.  

• Like 2

I know he teaches on Micronics Training.  I took his 10 weeks CCNP R&S course training online.   As for his recorded videos, you can contact him directly on LinkedIn.  

On 4/29/2020 at 10:42 PM, BobYu said:

No need for INE.  This Terry Vinson's lecture videos should do the trick.  Have at it, everyone.  

Videos on his youtube channel are all over the place. Need to spend sometime to make a decent playlist.

Hello guys,

I'm trying to build a lab for my DCCOR in eve-ng.I tried installing nexus 9k using nxosv9k-7.0.3.I7.4 image.But I dont see if it supports vxlan and more over when i try to enable a feature it asks for licence.Can you please guide me with correct image with preloaded licence and vxlan features?