RudeBoi876

Is anyone doing Lukasz/Piotr SP workbook?

Is anyone running through the labs in this workbook? It'd be nice to go through it with someone to discuss some things I have found along the way and vice versa. 

Regards. 

14 minutes ago, RudeBoi876 said:

Is anyone running through the labs in this workbook? It'd be nice to go through it with someone to discuss some things I have found along the way and vice versa. 

Regards. 

Lucky you have a copy 🤤

On 7/16/2020 at 12:56 AM, RudeBoi876 said:

Regards. 

I will be willing to collaborate but dont have the WB

How far along are you in the workbook?

What are you using for a lab?  I am using CML 2.0

I plan to start working the workbook sometime in August.

- The files I have are protected with PDC but I think you can also buy a pure PDF version of the workbook. It'll have advertisements/logos going through the text. Not really a huge deal breaker but nothing I wanted to look at honestly
-  I am 1/3 of the way through the workbook but until I have my CCIE:SP I'll be restarting the book every time I finish it
- I'm using EVE-NG. I am pretty sure the files provided work with VIRL/EVE/GNS3. It may work with CML as well. I just stick with EVE because I have installed it multiple times on bare chassis and different versions of VMware. I am the type of guy that I want to spend my time studying the actual course material, not troubleshooting the emulation client, the terminal program, compatibility with wireshark, etc. Once I have a setup that works I generally won't deviate unless another program drops some features that I cant ignore
- If you purchase the book you will get automatic V5 updates as they are released by the authors. 

Granted everyone's financial situation is different and things are crazy with covid atm but the SP bundle for $300 is a real solid self investment. Like I told someone else in another thread you really don't have any options. This isn't the R&S track where a handful of vendors are offering course material. For the SP track it's pretty much this book and INE's workbook. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RudeBoi876 said:

- The files I have are protected with PDC but I think you can also buy a pure PDF version of the workbook. It'll have advertisements/logos going through the text. Not really a huge deal breaker but nothing I wanted to look at honestly
-  I am 1/3 of the way through the workbook but until I have my CCIE:SP I'll be restarting the book every time I finish it
- I'm using EVE-NG. I am pretty sure the files provided work with VIRL/EVE/GNS3. It may work with CML as well. I just stick with EVE because I have installed it multiple times on bare chassis and different versions of VMware. I am the type of guy that I want to spend my time studying the actual course material, not troubleshooting the emulation client, the terminal program, compatibility with wireshark, etc. Once I have a setup that works I generally won't deviate unless another program drops some features that I cant ignore
- If you purchase the book you will get automatic V5 updates as they are released by the authors. 

Granted everyone's financial situation is different and things are crazy with covid atm but the SP bundle for $300 is a real solid self investment. Like I told someone else in another thread you really don't have any options. This isn't the R&S track where a handful of vendors are offering course material. For the SP track it's pretty much this book and INE's workbook. 

I can get a clean pdf from a protected PDC, if it can be opened on a local pc 🙂

• Thanks 1

Hello Dear, i have the workbook, but i really dont know how to do the labs. please anyone guide me, how to run the labs in EVE? once i run it, it does not restart again? i am depressed

Can we run these labs with 12gb ram t470 lenovo?

Edited by ccie6geek

49 minutes ago, ccie6geek said:

Hello Dear, i have the workbook, but i really dont know how to do the labs. please anyone guide me, how to run the labs in EVE? once i run it, it does not restart again? i am depressed

Can we run these labs with 12gb ram t470 lenovo?

I am very sure that if you share it here the workbook, there will be a lot of guys who will help you!

On 7/28/2020 at 3:19 AM, RudeBoi876 said:

Hi there,

is this the same workbook that Lukaz and Piotr put together for Narbik`s CCIE-SP training? or is it completely brand new SP v5 workbook?  in the description it says :

"CCIE SP v4.1 - Workbook - The first v5.0 updates are added and are related to SR, SR-TE, MPLS OAM for SR. More v5.0 updates are coming soon."

Can you please confirm?

On 8/5/2020 at 6:03 AM, heat said:

Hi there,

is this the same workbook that Lukaz and Piotr put together for Narbik`s CCIE-SP training? or is it completely brand new SP v5 workbook?  in the description it says :

"CCIE SP v4.1 - Workbook - The first v5.0 updates are added and are related to SR, SR-TE, MPLS OAM for SR. More v5.0 updates are coming soon."

Can you please confirm?

are these workbooks Ebook(softcopy) or  paper books(Hardcopy) ?

4 hours ago, mit12345 said:
On 8/4/2020 at 7:03 PM, heat said:

are these workbooks Ebook(softcopy) or  paper

Probably ebooks!