Jump to content

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, R2013 said:

hi Bro,

I am using my Laptop having below configuration but feeling like shortage of resources. So planning for a PC with below configuration which will be sufficient for my other stuffs:

Working Laptop-

 i7 8th Gen, 6 Core & 12 Logical Processor 32G RAM, 1Tb HDD, 125G SSD

 

Expected new PC

Ryzen 9 3900X, 12 Core & 24 Logical Processor, 64G RAM, 2Tb HDD, 512G SSD

 

Regards,

R2013

I too plan to build a PC , we can get more cores in AMD than intel for our budget but when i research people are facing issue with AMD processors for virtualization. I would suggest to test with any one who already own AMD based machine before invest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, techm said:

I too plan to build a PC , we can get more cores in AMD than intel for our budget but when i research people are facing issue with AMD processors for virtualization. I would suggest to test with any one who already own AMD based machine before invest.

good info... I also got same feed back 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone observed the error "cpu has been disabled by the guest operating system" in vManage VM. I got the error when I was trying to create the Feature Template and suddenly it stopped working.

Looking forward for quick inputs. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2020 at 4:20 PM, mukesh12 said:

Did anyone observed the error "cpu has been disabled by the guest operating system" in vManage VM. I got the error when I was trying to create the Feature Template and suddenly it stopped working.

Looking forward for quick inputs. Thanks

Nope. Mine under vmware workstation 15.0  has been working fine. When computer goes into power saving mode, I might have to disable/enable (bounce) VMnet8 for vManage restore access. vEdges w/ 1GB of RAM sometime report 75% utilization warning, but working fine.

KikoJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using the RYZEN 9 3900X and 32G RAM, memory utilization is 18GB and CPU 28%

Perfect CPU for VM but may be some issues with other nodes like XRv9k. Not tested yet.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SD-WAN is a killer. Needs lot of resources. I tried with AMD and lot of noise coming from the laptop and so much heat.

Intel is better for virtualization.

Use GCP with Eve-NG pro as mentioned above or better go for some rack rental.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With my RYZEN 9, 1 vManage, 1vBond, 2vSmart and 6 vEdges running cool.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, R2013 said:

With my RYZEN 9, 1 vManage, 1vBond, 2vSmart and 6 vEdges running cool.

 

How may Max vEdges you can run on your RYZEN9 including 1vManage , 1vBond and 2vSmart ?Here I am  just trying to estimate how much larger topology we can build using AMD Ryzen 3900x on EVE-NG?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With my RYZEN 9, 1 vManage, 1vBond, 2vSmart and 6 vEdges running cool.

But I believe running 4 vEdges are sufficient for LAB with 1 vmanage, 1 vbond and 1 vsmart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks R2013.  Keep getting below message, what should we do?

vManage# gzip: /opt/data/dca/cache/default-status-2019-11-19-22-15-38.json.gz al ready exists; do you wish to overwrite (y or n)? read: Resource temporarily unavailable

Edited by jchan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VMware workstation 16 player. Error while opening the virtual machine: VMX file is corrupt. Do I need to redownload all the files? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, para275 said:

VMware workstation 16 player. Error while opening the virtual machine: VMX file is corrupt. Do I need to redownload all the files? 

I didn't have the complete file. I was able to start vmanage after downloading the complete files.

WHen it boots it says to hit tab to select the OS but tab doesn't seem to respond. Any suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...