17 hours ago, R2013 said:

hi Bro,

I am using my Laptop having below configuration but feeling like shortage of resources. So planning for a PC with below configuration which will be sufficient for my other stuffs:

Working Laptop-

i7 8th Gen, 6 Core & 12 Logical Processor 32G RAM, 1Tb HDD, 125G SSD

Expected new PC

Ryzen 9 3900X, 12 Core & 24 Logical Processor, 64G RAM, 2Tb HDD, 512G SSD

Regards,

R2013

I too plan to build a PC , we can get more cores in AMD than intel for our budget but when i research people are facing issue with AMD processors for virtualization. I would suggest to test with any one who already own AMD based machine before invest.

6 hours ago, techm said:

I too plan to build a PC , we can get more cores in AMD than intel for our budget but when i research people are facing issue with AMD processors for virtualization. I would suggest to test with any one who already own AMD based machine before invest.

good info... I also got same feed back 

Did anyone observed the error "cpu has been disabled by the guest operating system" in vManage VM. I got the error when I was trying to create the Feature Template and suddenly it stopped working.

Looking forward for quick inputs. Thanks

On 8/27/2020 at 4:20 PM, mukesh12 said:

Did anyone observed the error "cpu has been disabled by the guest operating system" in vManage VM. I got the error when I was trying to create the Feature Template and suddenly it stopped working.

Looking forward for quick inputs. Thanks

Nope. Mine under vmware workstation 15.0  has been working fine. When computer goes into power saving mode, I might have to disable/enable (bounce) VMnet8 for vManage restore access. vEdges w/ 1GB of RAM sometime report 75% utilization warning, but working fine.

KikoJ

Using the RYZEN 9 3900X and 32G RAM, memory utilization is 18GB and CPU 28%

Perfect CPU for VM but may be some issues with other nodes like XRv9k. Not tested yet.

Thanks

SD-WAN is a killer. Needs lot of resources. I tried with AMD and lot of noise coming from the laptop and so much heat.

Intel is better for virtualization.

Use GCP with Eve-NG pro as mentioned above or better go for some rack rental.

• Thanks 1

With my RYZEN 9, 1 vManage, 1vBond, 2vSmart and 6 vEdges running cool.

2 hours ago, R2013 said:

How may Max vEdges you can run on your RYZEN9 including 1vManage , 1vBond and 2vSmart ?Here I am  just trying to estimate how much larger topology we can build using AMD Ryzen 3900x on EVE-NG?

But I believe running 4 vEdges are sufficient for LAB with 1 vmanage, 1 vbond and 1 vsmart.

Thanks R2013.  Keep getting below message, what should we do?

vManage# gzip: /opt/data/dca/cache/default-status-2019-11-19-22-15-38.json.gz al ready exists; do you wish to overwrite (y or n)? read: Resource temporarily unavailable

Edited by jchan

VMware workstation 16 player. Error while opening the virtual machine: VMX file is corrupt. Do I need to redownload all the files? 

3 hours ago, para275 said:

VMware workstation 16 player. Error while opening the virtual machine: VMX file is corrupt. Do I need to redownload all the files? 

I didn't have the complete file. I was able to start vmanage after downloading the complete files.

WHen it boots it says to hit tab to select the OS but tab doesn't seem to respond. Any suggestions?