Arasu

AWS Certified Developer - Associate (DVA-C01)

EDIT: These questions come from the website ExamTopics, go there because the community has answered them

Since you are helping out, would you like me to go one by one to answer why it's the correct answer, or just validate them?

There are 400+ questions which is great, but going over 400 of them one by one would take an insane amount of time, so I will just validate. Thank you.

Edited by realaccbtw123

2 hours ago, Arasu said:

I could 150+ people downloaded. Expecting some + result this time..

I'm working on this, but albeit a bit slow, can only dedicate around an hour after work on this. I will probably put some info today.

Assistance required for Question 5:
A Developer has written a serverless application using multiple AWS services. The business logic is written as
a Lambda function which has dependencies on third-party libraries. The Lambda function endpoints will be
exposed using Amazon API Gateway. The Lambda function will write the information to Amazon DynamoDB.
The Developer is ready to deploy the application but must have the ability to rollback.
How can this deployment be automated, based on these requirements?

A: Deploy using Amazon Lambda API operations to create the Lambda function by providing a deployment
package.
B. Use an AWS CloudFormation template and use CloudFormation syntax to define the Lambda function
resource in the template.
C. Use syntax conforming to the Serverless Application Model in the AWS CloudFormation template to define
the Lambda function resource.
D. Create a bash script which uses AWS CLI to package and deploy the application

The question is really confusing to me, it wants rollback, automation and third party libraries. 

Rollback on what? Lambda code? So just use versions/aliases

Can someone explain?

Thanks

• Like 1

Question 6
What are the steps to using the AWS CLI to launch a templatized serverless application?
A. Use AWS CloudFormation get-template then CloudFormation execute-change-set.
B. Use AWS CloudFormation validate-template then CloudFormation create-change-set.
C. Use AWS CloudFormation package then CloudFormation deploy.
D. Use AWS CloudFormation create-stack then CloudFormation update-stack

I don't think the answer on this question is correct(

Spoiler

D

). 

Spoiler

Answer C is the more appropriate one because if it's a serverless APP it means lambda. If we use answer D, we first need to upload the lambda code to s3 and then reference the s3 bucket in the CFN template.

With answer C, all of that is created for us with 2 commands (package and deploy)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

QUESTION 20
A company wants to implement a continuous integration for its workloads on AWS. The company wants to
trigger unit test in its pipeline for commits-on its code repository, and wants to be notified of failure events in the
pipeline.
How can these requirements be met?
A. Store the source code in AWS CodeCommit. Create a CodePipeline to automate unit testing. Use Amazon
SNS to trigger notifications of failure events.
B. Store the source code in GitHub. Create a CodePipeline to automate unit testing. Use Amazon SES to
trigger notifications of failure events.
C. Store the source code on GitHub. Create a CodePipeline to automate unit testing. Use Amazon
CloudWatch to trigger notifications of failure events.
D. Store the source code in AWS CodeCommit. Create a CodePipeline to automate unit testing. Use Amazon
CloudWatch to trigger notification of failure events

The answer is incorrect.

Spoiler

I checked in the AWS Console for CodePipeline and notifications can be sent to SNS and Slack. Meaning, Answer A is correct

• Like 1

QUESTION 22
A Developer has created a software package to be deployed on multiple EC2 instances using IAM roles.
What actions could be performed to verify IAM access to get records from Amazon Kinesis Streams? (Select
TWO.)
A. Use the AWS CLI to retrieve the IAM group.
B. Query Amazon EC2 metadata for in-line IAM policies.
C. Request a token from AWS STS, and perform a describe action.
D. Perform a get action using the "-dry-run" argument.
E. Validate the IAM role policy with the IAM policy simulator.
InCorrect Answer:

Spoiler

BE

Spoiler

I believe this is incorrect. "--dry-run" exists to check if you have permissions to do something.
I believe answer B is also incorrect because you have to manually read a permission file to check if you have permissions (also it might just only check the inline IAM policies)

With answer E, you don't have to read any files and you can know 100% if you have permissions for that.

I believe DE is correct.

Edited by realaccbtw123
  • Like 1

QUESTION 34
A Developer is writing transactions into a DynamoDB table called "SystemUpdates" that has 5 write capacity
units.
Which option has the highest read throughput?
A. Eventually consistent reads of 5 read capacity units reading items that are 4 KB in size
B. Strongly consistent reads of 5 read capacity units reading items that are 4 KB in size
C. Eventually consistent reads of 15 read capacity units reading items that are 1 KB in size
D. Strongly consistent reads of 15 read capacity units reading items that are 1 KB in size
Correct Answer:

Spoiler

A

Spoiler

I'm really bad at calculating it, could some explain why A is the correct answer?

• Like 1

QUESTION 41
The Lambda function below is being called through an API using Amazon API Gateway. The average execution
time for the Lambda function is about 1 second.
The pseudocode for the Lambda function is as shown in the exhibit.
What two actions can be taken to improve the performance of this Lambda function without increasing the cost
of the solution? (Select two.)
A. Package only the modules the Lambda function requires
B. Use Amazon DynamoDB instead of Amazon RDS
C. Move the initialization of the variable Amazon RDS connection outside of the handler function
D. Implement custom database connection pooling with the Lambda function
E. Implement local caching of Amazon RDS data so Lambda can re-use the cache

Spoiler

InCorrect Answer: AC

Spoiler

I believe it's incorrect but can't know for sure. I believe it's CE.
Answer A might increase performance by a TINY bit compared to E. Storing data in the /tmp directory will make some requests not need to send DB requests.Type a message

• Like 1

QUESTION 58
A company has written a Java AWS Lambda function to be triggered whenever a user uploads an image to an
Amazon S3 bucket. The function converts the original image to several different formats and then copies the
resulting images to another Amazon S3 bucket.
The Developers find that no images are being copied to the second Amazon S3 bucket. They have tested the
code on an Amazon EC2 instance with 1GB of
RAM, and it takes an average of 500 seconds to complete.
What is the MOST likely cause of the problem?
A. The Lambda function has insufficient memory and needs to be increased to 1 GB to match the Amazon
EC2 instance
B. Files need to be copied to the same Amazon S3 bucket for processing, so the second bucket needs to be
deleted.
C. Lambda functions have a maximum execution limit of 300 seconds, therefore the function is not completing.
D. There is a problem with the Java runtime for Lambda, and the function needs to be converted to node.js

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

QUESTION 64
An existing serverless application processes uploaded image files. The process currently uses a single Lambda
function that takes an image file, performs the processing, and stores the file in Amazon S3. Users of the
application now require thumbnail generation of the images. Users want to avoid any impact to the time it takes
to perform the image uploads.
How can thumbnail generation be added to the application, meeting user requirements while minimizing
changes to existing code?
A. Change the existing Lambda function handling the uploads to create thumbnails at the time of upload. Have
the function store both the image and thumbnail in Amazon S3.
B. Create a second Lambda function that handles thumbnail generation and storage. Change the existing
Lambda function to invoke it asynchronously.
C. Create an S3 event notification with a Lambda function destination. Create a new Lambda function to
generate and store thumbnails.
D. Create an S3 event notification to an SQS Queue. Create a scheduled Lambda function that processes the
queue, and generates and stores thumbnails.

Hidden Content

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

QUESTION 79
A Developer needs to use AWS X-Ray to monitor an application that is deployed on EC2 instances.
What steps have to be executed to perform the monitoring?
A. Deploy the X-Ray SDK with the application and use X-Ray annotation.
B. Install the X-Ray daemon and instrument the application code.
C. Install the X-Ray daemon and configure it to forward data to Amazon CloudWatch Events.
D. Deploy the X-Ray SDK with the application and instrument the application code.

Hidden Content

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

QUESTION 88
A social media company is using Amazon Cognito in order to synchronize profiles across different mobile
devices, to enable end users to have a seamless experience.
Which of the following configurations can be used to silently notify users whenever an update is available on all
other devices?
A. Modify the user pool to include all the devices which keep them in sync.
B. Use the SyncCallback interface to receive notifications on the application.
C. Use an Amazon Cognito stream to analyze the data and push the notifications.
D. Use the push synchronization feature with the appropriate IAM role.

Hidden Content

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2