BoGyoke

compaq/dell/acer ?

hi , I am thinking to buy the laptop from these brand Dell / Compaq / Acer . the main purpose is to run the gns3/dynamic well. pls share your experience and your comment is highly appreciated. thanks.

price is almost same and this is the some info.

Compaq presario cq45

Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4GHz, 3MB L2 Cache

4 GB Ram, HDD 250 GB, NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS with 256 MB dedicated video memory

Wireless 802.11/a/g/n

Dell inspiron 1420

Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 2.4GHz, 3MB L2 Cache

2 GB Ram, HDD 250 GB,video memory 128MB BF 8400M

Wireless 1395/b/g

Acer Aspire 4935G-842G25

Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 2.26 GHz, 3MB L2 Cache

2 GB Ram, HDD 250 GB, Nvidia 9300M gS 512 VRAM

Wireless 802.11/a/g/n

I work for a major IT solutions company & my personal opinion If there is no budget restriction I would consider Dell XPS or HP business line of laptops, no Acer.

thank you all for the info. I have the budget limit. Dell XPS and HP are more expensive than compaq. So I would go for compaq I guess.

I'll go for Compaq...aside from specs, but also for its tech support and product durability (based on my experience from compaq, dell and acer from my workplace)

Regards :biggrin:

A word of advice. stay away from Sony. Yeah they look nice, you are planning on using it though not frame it I hope :D

But be careful guys there are many of of fake Sony devices in the markets:yo:..I can say also the Toshiba is good but if you want the best then you have to use the Apple if you are a designer:cool:

Regards,

Naaaa no Toshiba either. This is from job related experience. Now Apple is a different story, we are talking about " Lexus of laptops " :D

• Like 1

I think sony is the most imitated in the IT/Electronics industry 'cause of their earlier success.

Sony products have been so imitated that even Sony has difficulty telling the diff:D Dell is good, but i'll think they have the edge when it comes to desktops. As far as laptops are concerned Toshiba, Hp, Dell.

Acer is also making good strides.