BoGyoke

compaq/dell/acer ?

i am also looking for the same and i have tried with DELL /T6500 this is good but not good enough for people like simulation and animations one new dell has launched this is alien-wear this is coming with core 2 quad and with 4 gb DDR3 ram it may be more then sufficient but you have to tell me 64 bit can be used for dynamips?///

well if you can spare you can go with dell xps its rock solid .. i have an acer its kinda good and bad .. its performance is good but head / battery back is pathetic .

so i would go with dell from your list

Hello,

I would buy Lenovo/ThinkPad with P86xx, because of the low wattage and temperature...

About the DELL - I am using XPS Studio and it is HOT LIKE An OVEN! And guess how many

thermal sensors it have? Just 3 ;-)) And it is equipped with ATI and T6400. For a comparison --

an old Celeron 1.4Ghz from HP had 5! Thermal Sensors on Board...

So, I would definitely vote for Compaq/HP... of course higher class... For the lower class I had

a notebook which was with 1 year warranty, and guess what - on a 1 year and 1 month --

its motherboard died ;-)

IPV6

Compaq and Dell is a good choice, dunno about Acer. But stay away from HP Compaq, HP isn't Compaq.