Sign in to follow this  
adamsma73

Installing Vista Upgrade as a Full Version

I did this last night and it worked beautiful. If you buy Vista Ultimate as an upgrade but don't have any other windows system or you don't want to use any other windows system, you can still install it as a full version. I downloaded an upgrade version of Vista Ultimate Red for $65 at hxxp://www.microsoft.com/student/discounts/theultimatesteal-us/default.aspx. If you are a student and have an e-mail address that ends in .edu you can get Vista Ultimate Red for $65 and Office 2007 Ultimate for $60.

Anyways I didn't want to pay the extra $13 to have a disk sent to me. Well I downloaded it. It didn't come as an iso and I could not install it because I had Windows XP. So I used PowerISO to put it on a disk. I have a friend that has Vista Business. I borrowed his disk to get the boot files so I can make the disk bootable. Also when I tried to put in the product key it said it was only for upgrade.

So with my disk I was able to put in my friend's product key to be able to install the full version. But I didn't activate it (since that key was registered to my friend). Then as soon as the instillation was complete I went back into the DVD I created and ran set up to install it as an upgrade. Then I was able to install Vista with my upgrade key and activate it.

I put my DVD in a case with both product keys written on it. So now if anything happens to my Vista install I can format my drive and start over from scratch, with just the one disk and the 2 product keys.

i download anything i want for $0 at piratebay.org hehe...

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

XP the BEST:D

i very very hate Vista.

This is my opinion

Hidden Content

/uploads/emoticons/default_boss.png" src="//certcollection.org/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png">

XP the BEST:D

i very very hate Vista.

This is my opinion

Hidden Content

One problem is when Vista first came I didn't have a computer that could run it good. When tax money came in this year I build a new computer and it runs vista just fine. I had the same problem with XP when it came out. I thought I would never get away from 98SE.

I switched to Vista to learn it and I will say it can be very annoying. When I went to share a drive on vista to my network so my XP computers could see it. Well that took forever trying to figure it out. But I finally got it. The more I play with Vista the more I like it. But you have to have a computer that can run it and run it good.

Thanks information

Hidden Content

/uploads/emoticons/default_sml.gif" src="//certcollection.org/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png">

I'm testing Windows 7 also. But I haven't had much time with it yet. Hopefully when this semester ends I will be able to spend more time on it. But Like I did with 95, 98, XP and Vista I will probably wait until the full version is out for a year or so before I use it as my main OS

My first computer was a Comadore 64 (If I spelled that right) Had it forever but really only used it for games. Then I got out of computers and then when I got my next computer it was a Win 3.1. Didn't mess with DOS much

LoL , Comodore i don't remember a sec

Hidden Content

full version?

what's different

In other words install

Hidden Content

as if it were

Hidden Content

The difference is on the upgrade you are suppose to have a different version of Windows. So the upgrade is cheaper.